Dear Amanda, I've grown six inches
Since first I saw your form.
My clothes don't fit and I have to bend over
To even walk through the door.
Dear Amanda, I've news for you:
It seems I've grown some more.
I've thrown out my belts and unlaced my shoes,
But I feel as I'd just been born.
My blood is electric, and I'm thanking you.
My wires are burning, I hope yours are too.
I hope that you know you're my battery.
I'll keep you charged if you come with me.
Amanda no longer do I have need for glasses.
I can see straight from here to the moon,
And I can see you counting days in your window.
We can't meet one second too soon.
My blood is electric, and I'm thanking you.
My wires are burning, I hope yours are too.
I hope that you know you're my battery.
I'll keep you charged if you come with me.
You see, it's like this: Earth is a balloon,
And I'm currently lounging on Saturn.
With my feet on the rings, I'm able to write
Using the sun as my lantern.
My blood is electric, and I'm thanking you.
My wires are burning, I hope yours are too.
Dearest Amanda, you're my battery.
I'll keep you charged if you come with me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment