These sheets still carry your scent as I write
We're the poster children for innocence in spite
Of the illustrations left across our necks
Fingers, lips and eyelids all frozen in fear
Although it's your love that's gotten me here
It's this guilt that's left me in the worst of wrecks
So hurt me, love, please make me bleed
'Cause you're the only one who knows what it is I need
And you know it's like you say
We could live here in your bed together
If only circumstance allowed
And time would break and fall away
As we sleep we are one right now
We could wish on 11:11 and stars
But all that I could ever need
Would be right here wrapped inside my arms
With a lock that came without a key
Smiling has never felt as wrong as it does
When I'm at home again and nothing is as it was
And the marks left across skin are all but gone
All I've got now is a photo and a piece of your heart
And the stomach pains I get whenever you and I are apart
I wish I knew how you could be so strong
We could live here in your bed together
If only circumstance allowed
And time would break and fall away
As we sleep we are one right now
We could wish on 11:11 and stars
And all that I would ever need
Would be right here wrapped inside my arms
With a lock that came without a key
I could live here in your grasp forever
If only circumstance allowed
And time would break and fall away
As we sleep we are one right now
We could wish on 11:11 and stars
But all that we would ever need
Is carved right here inside our hearts
In the perfect wound that never bleeds
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment